What makes the impossible, possible? The power of a shared purpose, that’s what.
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Join us for our first event in our ‘getting practical’ series, where we’ll explore why and how to develop shared purpose in the workplace.
About this Event
We know how important it is as leaders to create and continually develop shared purpose within teams and organisations. It can tempting it is to skim over this, to attend to the never ending, pressing task list too! What if we reframed the importance of creating a shared purpose in our work together as teams? What does it foster? What energy does it create? What opportunities really emerge? And is it worth it? At Project Lift we think so!
In this session we will welcome:
- Jimmy Paul – Director, WEAll Scotland
- Steve Coulson – Lead Training Consultant, Thistle Foundation
- Sue Northrop – Director, Dementia Friendly East Lothian
Together they will help to set up the conversations we have by sharing their stories of putting shared purpose at the heart of their leadership focus, and why it matters to them. Their insights and inspirations will aide our interactive breakout sessions to get practical for ourselves, focusing on what creating shared purpose looks like in reality, sharing our experiences, and supporting each other with tips and tricks to incorporate this into our day-to-day lives as leaders. We’ll ask questions like:
- What does being purpose-driven look like as a leader?
- Why bother? Can we makes the impossible, possible?
- How do we actually create and continually develop shared purpose in a team, especially when we all have unique motivations?
- How can we stay true to our purpose, even when times are tough?
Resources to Inspire
We’re delighted to share Steve Coulson’s excellent guest blog to spark your thinking ahead this conversation.
For more inspiration, we’d recommend the links below – go on, we enjoy them and hope you will too.
- For a quick read, and the provocation “purpose is good, and shared purpose is better” try this 3 min read: Purpose is Good. Shared Purpose is Better by Mark Bonchek
- “In a team where they share the same purpose, that team transforms into a more effective, cohesive, and higher-performing unit.” Try this 4 min read to move your thinking into the teams space The Power of Shared Purpose by Brad Stulberg
- Finally a move into thinking about the system: this two part blog with graphics Creating tomorrow today: seven simple rules for leaders. Blog 2 Define our shared purpose is practical and challenges our assumptions. By Helen Bevan and Göran Henriks
Our Project Lift community events are for anyone to attend who is responsible for building a shared purpose within a team. Whether you lead or are part of a team then this event is for you. These free sessions are stand alone, you don’t have to have attended previous Project Lifts event to register.
Are you interested in participating in this lively online and interactive session? Can you think of a colleague or friend who might be too? If so, you can book a place for yourself here.
An insights pack will be available after the event has taken place.