What makes a flourishing team?
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Join us for our fourth event in our ‘getting practical’ series, where we’ll explore the key elements of leading a flourishing team.
About this event
At the very heart of leadership are the people around us – the teams that support us, challenge us and enable us to do our roles. For a leader to flourish, their team must do too. But what are the actual steps to achieve this? How can we create the time and space to dedicate to building our team on top of already busy jobs?
In this ‘getting practical’ event, we will come together to share our practical advice, tips and resources to explore what leading a flourishing team looks like in practice, and how we can live this in our own leadership approach.
In this session we will welcome:
- Lorraine Gray – Chief Executive, Scottish Social Services Council
- Sarah Wood – Communications and Engagement Lead, Scottish Government
- John MacEachen – Head of Communications, NHS Education for Scotland
We’ll hear from our speakers about what it means to lead a flourishing team and what it means to experience leadership that champions others. With a focus on sharing our practical advice and exploring our own experiences, we’ll explore what leading a flourishing team looks like in our day-to-day roles.
We’ll ask questions like:
- What is a flourishing team?
- Is it all in the leader?
- What practically can everyone do, in all roles at all levels, to enable others to flourish?
Resources to Inspire
Ahead of this conversation, take a look at some of the resources below to spark some thought and challenge yourself!
- This article on Building a Positive Team looks at some of the benefits and obstacles in creating a positive team
- Watch Michael West sharing his thoughts on compassionate and inclusive leadership
- For a more in depth read, check out this HULT Ashridge/Education First report by Professor Vicki Culpin for some insights on leadership during the Covid-19 pandemic
Our Project Lift community events are for anyone to attend who is responsible for building a shared purpose within a team. Whether you lead or are part of a team then this event is for you. These free sessions are stand alone, you don’t have to have attended previous Project Lifts event to register.
This event has now completed – Access Speaker videos and the Insights Pack
This event has now taken place and our insights pack from the event is open to all to revisit or explore for the first time . Please do use this to start a conversation about caring for our colleagues in your team, community or network – see the DIY event guide in the pack and contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to talk this through.
Selected speaker videos will be available shortly.